Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Best Beers of 2015!

My list of best beers poured into my mouth during 2015:

1. Side Project Pulling Nails Blend 2 – My favorite series from my favorite brewery
2. De Garde The Broken Truck – My breakout brewery of 2015, beyond the Bu’s
3. De Garde Nectarine Premier – Juice in a glass
4. De Garde The Anniversary – The end of the De Garde run, almost as good as Broken Truck
5. Side Project Le Saisonnier – So much wine barrel greatness from Side Project
6. 18th Street Bitch's Bank – Some of my favorite stouts come from this brewery
7. Casey Oak Theory – Oaky and Gueuze-like
8. 4 Hands Madagascar – This beer is deserving of the hype and easier to obtain.  A GTMW Standout
9. Olde Hickory Omega Point – Blurring the lines between barleywine and old ale equals perfection
10. Side Project Frambois du Fermier – By far my favorite of this series
11. Westbrook AB Siberian Black Panther – Apple brandy barrel complemented this beer perfectly
12. Drie Fonteinen Armand’4 Oude Gueuze Herfst – This was my favorite of the 4 seasons
13. Drie Fonteinen Armand’4 Oude Gueuze Winter – The most unique of the bunch
14. Toppling Goliath Hopsmack! – My first hoppy beer on the list and took out some big competition for the best beer in the DIPA category at Great Taste of Cottage Grove
15. BottleLogic Fundamental Observation – Vanilla heaven
16. Hill Farmstead Le Sarassin – I am overly critical of this brewery.  Went head to head with Stenciled Pages and beat it out
17. SARA Stenciled Pages – Nuanced and beautiful, everything I am looking for in a saison
18. Tired Hands Parageusia 1 – Oaky, white wine, gueuze like.  The best of the series
19. New Glarus R&D Vintage – Got in line over and over again at GTMW to drink this beer.  One of the best American Gueuzes
20. Tired Hands Parageusia 3 – Super funky, one of the most odd sours I have ever had, loved every second of it
21. Westbrook Barrel Aged Mexican Cake – I had the bourbon and double barrel versions both this year.  The barrel adds much needed body
22. Perennial/Side Project ProCATStination – Two of my favorite breweries combined to make a perfectly balanced Saison
23. Drie Fonteinen Framboos – Hype may have hurt this one a bit, jammy goodness
24. Forest & Main Hapi – I love everything from this brewery and this dry hopped, barrel aged saison is a culmination of their greatness
25. Allagash Farm to Face – Peach heaven in a bottle

No comments:

Post a Comment